alexprice
Jan 9, 04:41 PM
Here: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/appleevents/
michaelrjohnson
Aug 7, 02:26 PM
Very nice to see. Can't complain.
gnasher729
Nov 16, 03:21 PM
There is absolutely no, no, no way that Intel did not enter a contractual agreement with Apple that explicitly prohibits or deters Apple from using AMD's competitive products.
Given that there is a major lawsuit between AMD and Intel going on right now where AMD claims that Intel has been using its monopoly through exactly that kind of behavior, you can be assured that no such agreement exists.
That said, there is value in having a good relationship with a supplier, and there is value in being able to use the same designs in all products. AMD would have to produce something quite amazing for Apple to switch over.
Given that there is a major lawsuit between AMD and Intel going on right now where AMD claims that Intel has been using its monopoly through exactly that kind of behavior, you can be assured that no such agreement exists.
That said, there is value in having a good relationship with a supplier, and there is value in being able to use the same designs in all products. AMD would have to produce something quite amazing for Apple to switch over.
e�Studios
Mar 23, 06:15 PM
This is fascinating!
Out of curiosity how built up is your area? Is this a neighbour you've spoke too before? I think I'd feel worse if one of my neighbours stole something rather than some thief I never met before. That said they're mostly old folk, Paul Scholes and a pub so I don't expect any of them to steal from me!
Anyway. I can't wait to hear how this ends. It sounds like it's all going to work out if you can just get the police into that house. Surely you'll be able to prove it's yours there and then by some serial number, hard drive key or something?
They couldnt tell if they were on your network Jimmi, it drops so much :p
to the OP, i hope you get your x360 back soon, good luck.
Ed
Out of curiosity how built up is your area? Is this a neighbour you've spoke too before? I think I'd feel worse if one of my neighbours stole something rather than some thief I never met before. That said they're mostly old folk, Paul Scholes and a pub so I don't expect any of them to steal from me!
Anyway. I can't wait to hear how this ends. It sounds like it's all going to work out if you can just get the police into that house. Surely you'll be able to prove it's yours there and then by some serial number, hard drive key or something?
They couldnt tell if they were on your network Jimmi, it drops so much :p
to the OP, i hope you get your x360 back soon, good luck.
Ed
SthrnCmfrtr
Jan 10, 01:55 PM
This was a personal meaning and yes i use logic when i express myself, maybe you're iq is low and you must attack somebody to make you're higher thats youre personal meaning to(low iq as well - haha(dont take it personally).And yes i think the iphone sucks i have had so much telephones over the years and i think it's just a ipod halo effect(like much off apple is).Look at the ipod touch - go figure.
And like allways some guys must have with a spoon.the membersname is ironic...put faith in what you want i dont care..(buddha ore jesus)thats your personal faith..here we go with that spoon - "dadda....
haha...allways funny.. your sincerly
best regards
I regard you with serene curiosity. Please continue.
And like allways some guys must have with a spoon.the membersname is ironic...put faith in what you want i dont care..(buddha ore jesus)thats your personal faith..here we go with that spoon - "dadda....
haha...allways funny.. your sincerly
best regards
I regard you with serene curiosity. Please continue.

TwinCities Dan
Apr 6, 01:16 PM
Our newest addition to our saltwater tank :cool:
Benny the Scooter Blenny. :p
279918279919
Benny the Scooter Blenny. :p
279918279919

MacRumors
Oct 3, 12:15 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)
Coming as little surprise to veteran Apple watchers, IDG World Expo announced on Tuesday that Apple CEO Steve Jobs would deliver the opening keynote address (http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/10/03/jobs/index.php) at Macworld Expo San Francisco. The expo will be held at San Francisco's Moscone Convention Center from January 8-12, with the keynote on Tuesday January 9th at 9 am Pacific at Moscone West.
Last year's keynote brought software updates including iLife (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110141828.shtml) and iWork (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110142618.shtml) 06 and Mac OS X 10.4.4 (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110180240.shtml). Also, the first Intel Macs were announced 6 months early in the form of the iMac (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110142730.shtml) and MacBook Pro (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110142811.shtml).
While still early, this year's expectations have already begun to gain steam, with obvious expectations of iLife (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/08/20060802125923.shtml) and iWork (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/07/20060717122553.shtml) updates as well as the formal launch of the "iTV". Also possible is Apple's long-awaited phone and similarly long-awaited "true" video iPod, although both products have seen several setbacks. Lastly, with OS 10.5 Leopard's release around the corner, Jobs will undoubtedly take the opportunity to highlight some already announced (and perhaps some remaining "top-secret") features of the new operating system.
Digg This (http://digg.com/apple/Steve_Jobs_To_Keynote_Macworld_San_Francisco_2007)
Coming as little surprise to veteran Apple watchers, IDG World Expo announced on Tuesday that Apple CEO Steve Jobs would deliver the opening keynote address (http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/10/03/jobs/index.php) at Macworld Expo San Francisco. The expo will be held at San Francisco's Moscone Convention Center from January 8-12, with the keynote on Tuesday January 9th at 9 am Pacific at Moscone West.
Last year's keynote brought software updates including iLife (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110141828.shtml) and iWork (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110142618.shtml) 06 and Mac OS X 10.4.4 (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110180240.shtml). Also, the first Intel Macs were announced 6 months early in the form of the iMac (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110142730.shtml) and MacBook Pro (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/01/20060110142811.shtml).
While still early, this year's expectations have already begun to gain steam, with obvious expectations of iLife (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/08/20060802125923.shtml) and iWork (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/07/20060717122553.shtml) updates as well as the formal launch of the "iTV". Also possible is Apple's long-awaited phone and similarly long-awaited "true" video iPod, although both products have seen several setbacks. Lastly, with OS 10.5 Leopard's release around the corner, Jobs will undoubtedly take the opportunity to highlight some already announced (and perhaps some remaining "top-secret") features of the new operating system.
Digg This (http://digg.com/apple/Steve_Jobs_To_Keynote_Macworld_San_Francisco_2007)

JML42691
Oct 4, 08:21 AM
Wow, can't believe I only first heard about this now. As much as that may seem comical to them, I believe that just about any expo that they might attend they should be banned from. That was just completely cruel to make people's presentations harder (or even impossible if it depended only on displays), and to essentially shut down a major aspect of the expo.
berkleeboy210
Oct 10, 04:31 PM
I knew it! I just bought an Archos 504
JayMysterio
Dec 6, 12:41 AM
I was playing this game today and the final kill cam was of a guy getting shot who was standing in the middle of a road (where he spawned) aimed at the sky shooting at a helicopter with what looked like a Light Machine gun of some sort. The guy who shot him was in a room looking out a window. As the replay was going on i stated over the mic "now there's an intelligent player" referring to the guy who was under no cover trying to take down a chopper with a gun. The guy who was shooting at the chopper stated that he was trying to fulfill and achievement by taking the chopper down.
I thought about this and realized that this goal/reward system in the game (this goes for most online FPS's) in a way made this player do something so stupid. The player was only looking to fulfill his own personal goals and thought nothing of the team and the loss that occurred cause of it.
So I ask you, (the reader) does this make sense to have in the game when it forces players to go out of there way for personal goals and shift away from the overall team play?

Many short hairstyles 2011 can

short hair styles 2011 for

Short Brown Hairstyles 2011 3

best short haircuts 2011 for

short hair styles 2011 for

short hairstyles 2011 for

Short Hair Styles 2011

Posted in Hairstyles 2011

short hair styles 2011.
I thought about this and realized that this goal/reward system in the game (this goes for most online FPS's) in a way made this player do something so stupid. The player was only looking to fulfill his own personal goals and thought nothing of the team and the loss that occurred cause of it.
So I ask you, (the reader) does this make sense to have in the game when it forces players to go out of there way for personal goals and shift away from the overall team play?
Jeonat
Oct 17, 12:47 PM
I haven't read the rest of the thread but yes, absolutely makes sense that Apple support both types of drive. We don't know the outcome yet of the format war - it could go either way. Why alienate, for example, movie makers who would switch to another platform if HD-DVD wasn't supported.
Sensible move.
Sensible move.
stoid
Aug 7, 09:07 PM
Yes, obviously a 23 inch and a 24 inch cannot be the same panel. You are such a genius. But I wonder.. can a 30 inch apple and a 30 inch dell be the same panel?.. how about a 20 inch apple and a 20 inch dell?.
But forget all about that.. Are you saying the manufacturer gives apple the superior panels and leave the rejects for Dell?.. So cause Dell panel is 24 inch, they suck compared to apple 23 inch cause logically, since they are not the same size, it implies the Dell panel sucks!!!...
We must all get together and donate a nobel prize to you. You are such a genius, you make Einstein pale in comparison.
I don't want to leave you hanging but here's what happens.. The manufacter makes the panels. They cut a panel to apple specs and then the make the exact same panel (or one like it, hopefully, this manufacturer has quality control like every other company) and cuts the same panel to 24 inch to dell specifications.
Simple enough for you Einstein?.
Did you bother to read my whole post? Or were you too excited upon you first glorious revelation?
And maybe I'm not familiar enough with the LCD production process, but I understood that the pixel size was part of the panel so a 24 inch slab would have more pixels than a 23 inch slab. Both monitors have the same resolution.
I also asked how Dell claims greater contrast ratio and brightness (800:1 and 300cd/m2 on the 20 inch) than the Apple? Either someone's lying, or they aren't using identical parts.
edit: BTW, I'm just asking some simple questions trying to clear up my own confusion, there's no need to be a prick
But forget all about that.. Are you saying the manufacturer gives apple the superior panels and leave the rejects for Dell?.. So cause Dell panel is 24 inch, they suck compared to apple 23 inch cause logically, since they are not the same size, it implies the Dell panel sucks!!!...
We must all get together and donate a nobel prize to you. You are such a genius, you make Einstein pale in comparison.
I don't want to leave you hanging but here's what happens.. The manufacter makes the panels. They cut a panel to apple specs and then the make the exact same panel (or one like it, hopefully, this manufacturer has quality control like every other company) and cuts the same panel to 24 inch to dell specifications.
Simple enough for you Einstein?.
Did you bother to read my whole post? Or were you too excited upon you first glorious revelation?
And maybe I'm not familiar enough with the LCD production process, but I understood that the pixel size was part of the panel so a 24 inch slab would have more pixels than a 23 inch slab. Both monitors have the same resolution.
I also asked how Dell claims greater contrast ratio and brightness (800:1 and 300cd/m2 on the 20 inch) than the Apple? Either someone's lying, or they aren't using identical parts.
edit: BTW, I'm just asking some simple questions trying to clear up my own confusion, there's no need to be a prick
briand05
Mar 28, 04:52 PM
That is so crazy it's ridiculous. There is no evidence to support your statement. Mac OS X is not headed towards the "walled garden" universe that everyone seems to freak out over. Apple's just giving people who don't know anything about computers an easy way to purchase and find applications.
I do agree, however, that by not including applications outside of the Mac App Store Apple is diminishing the value of the award. I believe it is within their right to do so, although I don't like it.
I honestly wouldn't put it past Jobs. I really believe he wants the Mac to be a walled garden just like iOS.
I do agree, however, that by not including applications outside of the Mac App Store Apple is diminishing the value of the award. I believe it is within their right to do so, although I don't like it.
I honestly wouldn't put it past Jobs. I really believe he wants the Mac to be a walled garden just like iOS.
vincenz
Apr 15, 05:18 PM
How is "gay history" different than regular history? lol
One has "gay" and the other doesn't? :p
One has "gay" and the other doesn't? :p

vincenz
Mar 9, 11:11 PM
Don't question the Apple magic, you're supposed to just go with it.

MagnusVonMagnum
Apr 29, 03:19 PM
I sure as hell wouldnt move back to Windows for my everyday machine. I would move back to my Commodore 64 before that. :)
I wouldn't necessarily move to Windows for my everyday machine. Linux isn't too bad these days except for the lack of commercial software. It may end up being the OS of choice some day simply out of pure distaste for closed systems.
Uh huh. Then just jailbreak this hypothetical Mac, or buy the developer Mac that's going to be needed to make software for the iOS Mac.
What effect would 'needing' to jailbreak have on the Mac software market? How many developers will want to bother? How many more will bother after Apple refuses to carry their software on the App store for various reasons? (e.g. it competes with something made by Apple; they don't like the adult theme; it's not politically correct enough, etc. etc.)
This will happen eventually, but not just with Apple. All commercial OS's will go "closed". But not in 2-3 years, more like 10-15 or so. Your only chance for an open OS will be stuff like Linux then.
Anyway, I've already said too much. :)
It'll only happen if people put up with it. The only way to voice your opinion sometimes in a capitalistic society is to simply walk away and not buy/put up with the offending product. I don't like Windows, but I wouldn't like the closed/app store only system on OSX proper either. Linux would be fine if they would standardize a few areas and get some commercial developers on-board (but a good part of that community doesn't like commercial anything).
That's impressive. You've shown you don't understand business, software engineering, or computer engineering, all in one paragraph.
Nice!
All you've shown me is you are as utterly clueless as they come. :cool:
Software and computer engineering have zero to do with anything I said, BTW. The business angle of combining iOS with OSX proper is subjective to say the least since we have not seen a market reaction to it yet. In other words, I don't know what you've been smoking, but where can I get some? :p
I wouldn't necessarily move to Windows for my everyday machine. Linux isn't too bad these days except for the lack of commercial software. It may end up being the OS of choice some day simply out of pure distaste for closed systems.
Uh huh. Then just jailbreak this hypothetical Mac, or buy the developer Mac that's going to be needed to make software for the iOS Mac.
What effect would 'needing' to jailbreak have on the Mac software market? How many developers will want to bother? How many more will bother after Apple refuses to carry their software on the App store for various reasons? (e.g. it competes with something made by Apple; they don't like the adult theme; it's not politically correct enough, etc. etc.)
This will happen eventually, but not just with Apple. All commercial OS's will go "closed". But not in 2-3 years, more like 10-15 or so. Your only chance for an open OS will be stuff like Linux then.
Anyway, I've already said too much. :)
It'll only happen if people put up with it. The only way to voice your opinion sometimes in a capitalistic society is to simply walk away and not buy/put up with the offending product. I don't like Windows, but I wouldn't like the closed/app store only system on OSX proper either. Linux would be fine if they would standardize a few areas and get some commercial developers on-board (but a good part of that community doesn't like commercial anything).
That's impressive. You've shown you don't understand business, software engineering, or computer engineering, all in one paragraph.
Nice!
All you've shown me is you are as utterly clueless as they come. :cool:
Software and computer engineering have zero to do with anything I said, BTW. The business angle of combining iOS with OSX proper is subjective to say the least since we have not seen a market reaction to it yet. In other words, I don't know what you've been smoking, but where can I get some? :p

bpfesq
Apr 15, 12:26 PM
Seeing as that it doesn't have any place for the antenna (like the black area towards the top of the 3G iPad), i'm very skeptical with this picture.
notabadname
Apr 16, 12:24 PM
It's hard to know what features Apple wouldn't have included in the latest gen of a product if it hadn't been for competition. Maybe iPad 2 wouldn't have had the improved GPU if it had zero competing products.
One thing I'm certain of, iOS would still not have had personal hot spot if it hadn't been for the competition from Android.
This argument is flawed IMO, because, even in a vacuum of competition, Apple is going to advance the product line each year for the purpose of upgrading customers. The business model doesn't work, even in the absence of competition, to allow a product line to become static. To think that Apple wouldn't add features, make it faster, sleeker, lighter, etc is flawed. Even with no competition, there would have been an iPad 2. They are all about selling products, every year. And a lot of that consumer base is in existing customers - they've gotta keep us reinvesting in the product. And it would have to have significant improvements for people like me to trade version 1 for it.
One thing I'm certain of, iOS would still not have had personal hot spot if it hadn't been for the competition from Android.
This argument is flawed IMO, because, even in a vacuum of competition, Apple is going to advance the product line each year for the purpose of upgrading customers. The business model doesn't work, even in the absence of competition, to allow a product line to become static. To think that Apple wouldn't add features, make it faster, sleeker, lighter, etc is flawed. Even with no competition, there would have been an iPad 2. They are all about selling products, every year. And a lot of that consumer base is in existing customers - they've gotta keep us reinvesting in the product. And it would have to have significant improvements for people like me to trade version 1 for it.
Full of Win
Mar 28, 02:18 PM
BS. Pure, BS.
When did good design become contigent on devs accepting a lop-sided TOS?
When did good design become contigent on devs accepting a lop-sided TOS?
Snowy_River
Jan 9, 04:21 PM
How long does it usually take before they post the stream? I'm dying to watch it!
habibbijan
Nov 16, 11:46 PM
I'm all for this.
For years AMD and Intel have played "leap frog" with one another in terms of performance. It's only recently that Intel has taken the lead after a lengthy duration of AMD dominance. Now that Apple has moved to x86, I see nothing wrong with Apple offering a choice of processors based on whatever brand can offer the best price/performance ratio. Say what you want about Dell, but they've recently starting offering AMD-based computers, and in my opinion this competition is good for the consumer.
And for those of you stating that AMD processors run too hot, wake up and smell the coffee. You're about 4 years behind. Ever since Intel introduced their 90 nm "Prescott" core, their temps were blisteringly hot compared to comparable AMD processors. Of course, things are different now, and both AMD's and Intel's offering run quite cool in comparison to their previous generations.
For years AMD and Intel have played "leap frog" with one another in terms of performance. It's only recently that Intel has taken the lead after a lengthy duration of AMD dominance. Now that Apple has moved to x86, I see nothing wrong with Apple offering a choice of processors based on whatever brand can offer the best price/performance ratio. Say what you want about Dell, but they've recently starting offering AMD-based computers, and in my opinion this competition is good for the consumer.
And for those of you stating that AMD processors run too hot, wake up and smell the coffee. You're about 4 years behind. Ever since Intel introduced their 90 nm "Prescott" core, their temps were blisteringly hot compared to comparable AMD processors. Of course, things are different now, and both AMD's and Intel's offering run quite cool in comparison to their previous generations.
allpar
Apr 29, 03:45 PM
Great news. Now if only they'd kept Rosetta, I'd upgrade happily. As it is... I'm going to have to stay stuck in Snow Leopard.
ezekielrage_99
Jan 14, 11:26 PM
I think they'll be barred after this....
http://gizmodo.com/344673/do-you-really-think-the-macworld-keynotes-leaked-on-wikipedia
http://gizmodo.com/344673/do-you-really-think-the-macworld-keynotes-leaked-on-wikipedia
SevenInchScrew
Nov 14, 09:10 PM
The campaign is great, and you really get attached to the characters.
I don't know what you're all talking about.
No, having to replay sections over and over and over and over, just to learn what is killing you is not great. It is crappy 90s game design, that we should not have to deal with in 2010. Crappy checkpoints mixed with crappy enemy and team "AI" (if you can call it that) make for a really crappy game. I'm turning it down to Recruit just to get it over with, so I can flush it from my mind as quick as possible.
I beat both MW games on Hardened, and about half of the levels of each on Veteran. While the plot in both was ludicrous, they were at least fun. Lots of clear objectives, teammates who would stay out of the way, and very few of those "monster closet" moments (grrrrr, Favela :mad:) Those games were fun from start to finish. Black Ops is just a mess of crazy flashbacks cutscenes, messy game design, and terrible direction.
Yeah. I liked MW2's campaign better. It may be because I am from the DC area so it was quite weird seeing it war torn.
How about Fallout 3? I've never been to DC, but I find it really funny how when I see it on TV or in movies now, I recognize so much of it, and where things are, just from my hundreds of hours in that game. :D
I don't know what you're all talking about.
No, having to replay sections over and over and over and over, just to learn what is killing you is not great. It is crappy 90s game design, that we should not have to deal with in 2010. Crappy checkpoints mixed with crappy enemy and team "AI" (if you can call it that) make for a really crappy game. I'm turning it down to Recruit just to get it over with, so I can flush it from my mind as quick as possible.
I beat both MW games on Hardened, and about half of the levels of each on Veteran. While the plot in both was ludicrous, they were at least fun. Lots of clear objectives, teammates who would stay out of the way, and very few of those "monster closet" moments (grrrrr, Favela :mad:) Those games were fun from start to finish. Black Ops is just a mess of crazy flashbacks cutscenes, messy game design, and terrible direction.
Yeah. I liked MW2's campaign better. It may be because I am from the DC area so it was quite weird seeing it war torn.
How about Fallout 3? I've never been to DC, but I find it really funny how when I see it on TV or in movies now, I recognize so much of it, and where things are, just from my hundreds of hours in that game. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment